Sep 14, 2010

Naked ladies, beaners and meat!!

These past two weeks have been a blast! I got to see old friends, I went dancing, bonded with my new host family and got to see my old host family as well!!
On Friday the 10th, I went to Bergen center with my new host family because the city was having a kulturnatt, a culture night. Where most of the museums had free entrance, there were many free shows and free walking tours and a food festival! Yes, I did go to that first! There I ate a juicy hot dog that resulted with me being sick all night long.
But apart from that, we went to several museums and went and saw a bit of a free dance show/concert. Afterwards, Robert went back home with all three girls and I stayed with Anna and her cousin. We went to one museum that was not that interesting except for some huge glasses made from the remains of a demolished house. Huge as in 10ft long glasses!
Then we went and had a glass of wine and went to see flamenco dancing, or should I say attempted flamenco dancing and then figure drawing with a naked model. I had never done figure drawing with a nude person. It was actually pretty hard because it was timed. The night was lots of fun. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures but I did find a video on youtube that user:toresteinset uploaded!

On Saturday was the "Mexicanos en Bergen's" party in a bar called Tonga Bar. We had it reserved for 3 hours, afterwards the general public could come in. It was great to see old friends and meet lots of new ones! The music and the dancing were just a plus!

On Sunday I was invited to have dinner with Stig and Zoyla, where they stuffed me with meat! My new host family is vegetarian therefore no meat for Mariana while I am there. But I honestly don't mind. I got used to no red meat while working in Costa Rica. Costa Rica Outward Bounds protests against the destruction of the rainforest for making more room for cattle breeding. Therefore we do not eat red meat while working with Costa Rica Outward Bounds. So i got used to it, and don't mind. Actually the few times I have had my meat fix, I have had bad stomach aches. So that says something!
Other than that I have been working and pretty soon I will start my Norwegian classes again! I got a haircut the other day and now it is SHORT! No pictures yet but I will hopefully take some as soon as I get my camera fixed. All the best, hadet!

No comments:

Post a Comment