Sep 8, 2010

I'm Back

Yes ladies and gentlemen I am back! After 3 months of being in beautiful Costa Rica,
I flew in yesterday at around 18:30. The flight was just as interesting as my first one!(Read my Jan. 20, 2010 blog) My first flight, from LA to London, was on a humongous Boeing 747, with three columns, 10 people per row, three on each side and four in the middle. I had an aisle seat in the middle row. Two seats down was an older Iranian woman. Luckily no one sat between us, so I had room to put my feet up and maybe lie down in the two seats that I obviously had, she could keep her two seats, common reasoning right?. Well no, first she just lies down without asking if she can take up all three seats and put her head just centimeters from my lap, two, I think she was...no, I lie I KNOW she was sick because she kept coughing. But not one of those dry throat coughs, or even the I-have-a-weird-scratchy-feeling-in-my-throat kind. No, this was the Watch-out-for-anyone-within-the-feet-five-splash-zone type of cough. THEN!! (yes it must be in all caps) THEN!,(and written twice for emphasis), she pukes. Sick, dying, greedy, selfish, puking old women should not be allowed on planes. I'm just saying.
On the plane ride from London to Oslo I took up the last row that was unoccupied, lied down and fell asleep. Uneventful yet peaceful.
On my last plane ride from Oslo to Bergen, I was in the first row, and sat in between this old business man and then a chatty but quirky British woman that looked like Edith Piaf but the movie version...in case you don't know what she looks like here is a picture:

I very much like the new family I am working with. The mom's name is Anna, her husband is Robert, and their three lovely daughters are, from oldest to youngest, Alva(9), Ulrikke(7) and Kaisa(11 months), and I mustn't forget Misou, the cat.
I don't have any pictures with the girls yet since my camera stopped working when I was in Panama this summer. But Alva did record herself singing the song Fame. Mind you this is not what she really looks like, she wanted to add a weird effect to the video, but it's still really cute!



This weekend is going to be lots of fun! On Friday I am going into the center with Anna and her cousin to a festival/fair. There are concerts and different shows and events going on around the whole city and many of them for free, so I believe I will be introduced to what I have never heard of before: Black metal musical....apparently it's cool and entertaining....we'll see!!! I'm excited though.
Saturday I am going to a Mexican party celebrating our bicentennial anniversary of our independence and our centennial anniversary of our revolution.
And on Sunday I am going to see Zoyla and hopefully Stig and Sebastian! My last host family!!!
So much to look forward to!!
Ill tell you all about it later! Hadet!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment