Feb 6, 2010

Dont stand near the buildings.

I know I havent posted anything in a about a week, and I apologize. I've even gotten emails/messages saying: What's up? How come you havent updated? Are you ok?
Yes I'm ok! Just been too busy to sit down and write and upload pictures. I had school and this past week we had 4 guest nights. One last weekend with one of Zoyla's venezuelan friends and her boyfriend who were going to take Stig skiisailing course. We had an Iranian family come on Monday, and we celebrated Zoyla's birthday a week late.
One of Stig's friends who also fixed some problems on my computer and installed my computer with this massive lego building software. I'm scared to open it for fear that my ADHD will emerge and take over and then before you know it Mariana will have made a replica of the Taj Mahal on this lego software. Im capable of it.
And then more guests right now as Im writing this. One of Zoyla's colleagues and her boyfriend and one of Stig's friend and his dog Sheila. So Im finally in a house where the majority are Norwegians! I find myself understanding a good 35%-40% of the words theyre saying, which allows me to understand a good 70% of the whole conversation.

So this past week I came to learn that I hate snowmen. I have failed in snowman building! I want the secret as to how it works. I mean it seems logical to think: well you just make one big sphere shape that will act as the base, a second one that will serve as the middle and the top one to be the head and ta-da, a snowman! But NO!So instead I knocked it down and made a tunnel for Sebastian, that took me an hour to make and I also made my first official snow angel.

My snow angel!


Sebastian and the best snow tunnel in the world!!!

Now orange faced equestrian riders. Haha, I apologize to anyone who is reading this and falls under this category. But orange faced equestrian riders pertain to the young girls here in Bergen. It seems to be that its the "thing" to get fake tans, wear high black boots, pearl earrings and a cute coat. The coats are cute, the boots are cute and the pearl earring are too. But altogether they look like equestrian riders.
Sitting at the bus stop yesterday I saw 6 girls who looked like they were trying to match.

Anyways I went to the aquarium again this past week and I saw the scariest fish ever. I tried to research what kind it was since I forgot to look at the sign at the aquarium but I found nothing. But this is the picture I took of it.
That's just creepy! It was approximately 6ft long! Well whatever kind of fish it was it was still ugly and scary. I would not want to find that swimming underneath me.

Sebastian and me at the aquarium!

Im pretty sure I mentioned before that Bergen hasnt had this much snow in many years. Usually it lasts a week or two. This year it has lasted for almost 2 months. 2 months of snow is a lot, and where does snow fall on? Streets, cars,..and building roofs. What happens as the days get hotter? The snow starts melting. What happens when an idiot like me stands near a building? The snow falls on her. I had a hug snow pile fall straight on me this past Tuesday. Luckily it wasnt an icicle but it did hurt. But if I see anyone standing near a building i will not warn them, since no one warned me. And after snow smashes on someone elses head I will not ask if they are ok either. I think I would have preferred laughter or snickering but not even that. Nothing.

I want to add that I feel so lucky to have the Fretheim's as my host family. They have really made me feel like I'm part of their family and I get along really well with all of them. Just the other day Zoyla, Sebastian and I were dancing in the living room for a good hour, and that same night Zoyla and me were trying to imitate youtube dance routines!

Now for a little treat for all my lady readers. Let me introduce you to my new obsession: Alexander Rybak! Just watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8JRtGMBUz0
And the background dancers are dancing a modern style of folkemusik dance!

Well I promise that my next entry will be a lot better than this one. This one was a catching up so that friends and family dont worry about me! Until next time! Hadet!

No comments:

Post a Comment