Dec 12, 2010

Day 12 - Sun and Namsos

I miss the sun. I miss being tan and having that orange brown sun glowing skin. Now I am pale and have cold rashes on my face. Instead of sun block I use cold cream. It is a complete opposite of what I am used to living with. Instead of 10 hour days that San Diego has right now, I am cut down to half of that. It is completely different and yet I enjoy it. This is what I wanted. I wanted different, I wanted an actual cold winter, with snow and cute scarfs and mittens. And I am getting just that...although today it rained and washed away all the snow but weather report says we should have some slight snow the next two days.

I will experience my first white Christmas in a town called Namsos located in the central region of Norway. The name Namsos comes comes from the local river, Namsen, "Nams", and the "os" means mouth of a river.




But hopefully, and I'm praying it will be snowy when I get there, which is in 10 days and I think it will because according to weather reports, the days that I will be there I will have some nice cozy weather of -16C weather...that is 3.2 F. brrrr!
This is going to be me:

No comments:

Post a Comment